MCRI is a non-profit organization that provides residential options and support for individuals with developmental challenges in the various aspects of their progressing lives.
MCRI's Guiding Principles
- People affected by developmental disabilities are entitled to the same opportunities as other citizens, and are entitled to the same quality of life and respect for their rights as individual citizens.
- Doing what is best for the people and the organization are top priorities.
- Providing a life that is as normal as possible, including the opportunity to interact with non-developmentally disabled people in the community, and the right to access and use the generic services in the community.
- Recognizing and developing each person’s individuality.
- That the developed services enable each individual to be challenged in order to help them learn and grow.
- That to the greatest extent possible, such individuals should have the right of choice and be empowered to make decisions with their own life.
- That families and/or advocates be involved in the decision making process.
Who are we?
We are specialists in developing personalized residential choices for people with disabilities. MCRI is one of the oldest non-profit organizations in New Brunswick. For over forty years we have been at the forefront of new and innovative residential services. MCRI presently supports over a hundred and twenty-five people in various personalized residential options.
MCRI is a not-for-profit organization and we accept donations. If you wish to make a donation, please contact Melanie Martin at (506) 859-1829, or drop into our office to donate.
Support Philosophies represent the attitude and philosophy used when providing people services. These concepts are based on the Mission Statement, Guiding Principle, Program Goals and relationship building strategies. We believe in a restraint free environment and one of the main philosophies we teach is Mandt Relationship building.
Download our pamphlet and share it with others!